Wednesday, July 30, 2014
struggling to learn how to get that perfect crease every time? the answer is simple, tilt back. tilting your head back while applying your making helps stretch out the surface of your eyelid allowing you to apply the details of your eyeshadow more carefully. applying your shadow while your head is upright compresses the surface of your lid making accuracy more difficult.
additionally, you tend to apply the color lower than it should be applied when your head is upright. when your head is tilted back you apply the color directly to the shadowed part of your brow bone which is the perfect location. WARNING: applying your crease color too low can actually make your eyes appear smaller. your lid surface will look wider and bigger when your crease color is applied correctly.
getting the perfect crease every time has never been easier.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
#iheartmynailart could be a mantra of mine. i have been touting the appeal of nail art for a few years now as it is the easiest (and most affordable) way to accessorize yo'self. with the recent introduction of textured polishes i decided to put Sally Hansen's new Fuzzy Coat to the test and create a tutorial for you.
summer is winding to a close and one of my favorite things about this time of year are the summer close-out sales on clothing. this is the time to stock up on summer essentials (because honestly, you still have a few good weeks left!) and pick up items for next to nothing. one of my favorite recent additions would be the j.crew short sleeve sweatshirt shown above. it's a bright addition to my wardrobe, it's a unique style and i am a sucker for sequins.
favorite new shirt + favorite new polish = cutest mani ever
textured polishes are the current trending topic in the world of nails and they allow you additional creativity when coming up with nail art designs. you can be as basic or as complicated as you wish - just let the texture do the talking.
to create my end of summer 'hearts' manicure, follow the instructions below:
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
it is no surprise that i am a skincare junkie. i don't have bad skin but i don't have good skin which means i am constantly looking for a skincare fix. i find a product that works great but inevitably my job as a beauty bloggers a never-ending search for the perfect product, and that my friends is no easy task.
beauty blogging affords me the opportunity to try many different skincare products. you don't even want to know what ends up on the cutting room floor. i try to share only my favorite and absolute best products with you because, let's be honest, it's the reason why you visit! (besides my sparkling personality, of course.) so sharing today's product with you has got me pretty pumped.
i was sent the new Alurent Anti-Aging + Instant Erasure Serum which visibly tightens and firms sagging skin, fine lines and wrinkles. any product that claims to make visible changes seems unbelieveable and i'll admit i didn't believe it until i saw it.
i brought the Alurent Anti-Aging + Instant Erasure Serum over to my girlfriend's house because i needed to see the proof with my own eyes as well as have an unbiased second opinion. after taking a 'before' photo we immediately put the product to use by applying it to her makeup free face. we waited 90 seconds and took a second photo. the results were astonishing.
i assure you that absolutely NO airbrushing, touch-ups or alterations were made to these photos.
the product is a clear formula that applies smooth. there is little, to no scent and it leaves your skin feeling tightened almost immediately. the product is miracle working and allows your makeup to apply so smooth. i ended up leaving the product in the hands of my grateful girlfriend and am looking forward to witness its miraculous results on the daily.
even better news is that the Alurent Anti-Aging + Instant Erasure Serum is offered with a special online shopping discount. for a limited time you can receive the new serume at a discounted price of $50 and free shipping (it's normally $79.95) by entering SHOP50 at checkout. visit the website www.Alurent.com to purchase.
For a limited time, use the special shopping code SHOP50 to discount your purchase of new Alurent Anti-Aging + Instant Erasure Serum to $50 plus free shipping at http://www.alurent.com/alurent-anti-aging-instant-erasure-serum.html. This is more than a $30 savings!
I received product to review through partnership with Alurent. All the opinions included in my review are my own.
Monday, July 21, 2014
Friday, July 18, 2014
thanks to reader Ashley who requested to know what i consider my makeup bag essentials. here is a list of products that i love, and use, EVERYDAY.
- Shu Uemura Color Atelier - investing in a high quality makeup quad is worth every penny. i use my Color Altelier for shadow and blush, which means i get great color pay off.
- smashbox Contour Palette - contouring is a must for my daily makeup routine.
- MAC Cream Colour - highlighting is just as important and MAC's Cream Colour Base is perfect.
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler - gives those lashes an extra oomph, and works like a charm.
- L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara - it's inexpensive, works great, and washes easily. a trifecta.
- E.L.F. Lipgloss - only a $1 for this gloss, but you go through it quickly. however, it is glossy and lasts long.
- Marc Jacobs DAISY - i LOVE this scent. the travel size allows me to bring it along anywhere.
- Brushes - these are my SEPHORA Limited Edition brushes. my key brushes include a good fluffy face brush, a fluffy eyeshadow brush, a stiff eyeshadow brush, and an angled brush. you can do anything with these four.
- MAC Liquid Line - a small black line makes all the difference. this product is easy to apply, doesn't smear, and the little tub lasts forever.
- MUFE Foundation - there are a lot of foundations i like, but this foundation i LOVE.
Monday, July 14, 2014
this week's Makeup Wars is sharing our favorite Urban Decay products and shadows. not only are we sharing our favorite Urban Decay Shadows but we are also giving them away! you can enter for a chance to win an Urban Decay eyeshadow palette filled with all of our beauty blogger favorite colors.
let me give you a moment while that amazing-ness settles. an entire eyeshadow palette of goodness. definitely worth taking a moment to enter. make sure to follow through to the end of this post for your chance to enter (Rafflecopter below) and links to all of the other beauty blogger favorite AUrban Decay eyeshadow posts.
on to the tutorial. the pictures below don't do this look justice due to the foiling effect of the shadow. i can't capture the shine and shimmer highlight that make this look the ultimate easy eye makeup:
plus, for those of you advancing in years and are worried about using shimmery colors (they tend to accentuate wrinkles) this look actually works since you are only adding shimmer to the very center of your lid, rather than all over.
on to the tutorial!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
4. Blogger New Widget
Friday, July 4, 2014
- Dior Shadow, i heart your pressed diamond shape but your price is a serious splurge.
- Rimmel, your low prices keep me and the Tman happy. thank you.
- Bare Escentuals, the unsung hero of shadows. haven't met a shadow i didn't like.
- Forever21 makeup, let's break up.
- Kevyn Aucoin, your makeup legacy lives on. you really know makeup.