How to Look Your Best in a Photograph
- be conscious of what you are wearing. certain clothing can be flattering or unflattering in a photograph, i.e. tank tops. you also don't want to wear anything that doesn't make you feel comfortable. if you don't feel comfortable in your outfit, that will be evident in the photograph. try to dress like yourself, don't use this as an opportunity to dress like someone else, otherwise you may not like the end result.
- practice smiling. i know this sounds silly but practicing your expressions in a mirror helps you know what you will look like in the photo. practice smiling, serious, playful, etc.
- wear makeup. even adding a bit of lip gloss and mascara can make a difference. if you are comfortable with makeup, wear a little heavier foundation, blush, and eyeshadow. be careful, it is easy to go from cute to clownish.
- style your hair. just brushing through your hair quickly can give it body and shine. Be conscious of the weather. if it is particularly windy that day, curling your hair may not be a good idea. if it is humid, try a hair style that won't look too frizzy, like a braid or pony tail.
- practice posing. again, this sounds a little ridiculous but becoming comfortable with posing will help you present the most flattering look. most people get in front of a camera and feel clumsy and awkward. practicing beforehand will help with your comfort and confidence level.
- be yourself. the best you is YOU. know that you are beautiful, fun, smart, and confident.