today has been spent preparing for the game of the year - Super Bowl XLVI. the invitations have been extended the house has been cleaned and the groceries have been purchased. while i am not a major foodie there are certain essentials that must be found in the Blushing Basics household on game day.
- chips, lots of them. i am a perpetual snacker and chips are my holy grail of snack food. thankfully popchips has an amazing selection of chips that are delicious to eat and won't rack up the calories. i love my chips but my calories i will save for later (see #4).
- pulled pork on a Costco roll. Costco rolls are the ultimate 'crack'. fahreals. don't be throwin' shade on Costco because they are the makers and purveyors of the ultimate roll.
- some veg. this is how i convince myself that eating one or two of #4 is NBD.
- Bliss cupcakes. a dream wrapped in a pint sized portion topped with the most delectable frosting ever.
- washing it all down with a Diet Coke or two, or three. don't judge, it's game day.