you may have seen my post featuring rubbing alcohol and its beauty uses, an amazing multi-use beauty product for pennies. here's another product you probably have in your home that can give your beauty an extra boost - Baking Soda. Baking Soda is inexpensive and works well for a multitude of uses beyond Baking, Cleaning & Deodorizing. plus, you can pick it up in the motherload size at Costco for only a few dollars.
like Honey Boo Boo says - a dolla' make me holla'.
Beauty Uses For Baking Soda
- fresh breath: mix one teaspoon into a glass of water and swish. POW! neutralizes odors.
- face scrub: mix three tablespoons of baking soda with one tablespoon of water. apply scrub to your face and gently exfoliate. works amazingly well and costs only pennies!
- body scrub: follow the routine above on a larger scale. stick to three parts baking soda to one part water.
- clean hair: mix a small amount of baking soda with your favorite shampoo and say goodbye to build up!
- clean brushes & combs: get rid of product buildup on your brushes and combs by mixing one teaspoon of baking soda with water in a small basin. soak brushes and combs, rinse and let dry.
- toothpaste: use baking soda in place of your toothpaste to help whiten teeth and give your brushing an extra boost.