let's take a moment to discuss a fan favorite, reader favorite and all-round favorite: MAC Cosmetics. my sister and i were chatting the other day and she asked me "Is MAC your favorite makeup?" the answer is a little more complicated than a yes or no.
yes, MAC makes amazing quality makeup with an impressive lineup of products, but only a handful of those products are my MUST-HAVE makeup. the rest is lovely but i will forever insist that any mascara over $10 is over-priced and while MAC makeup is stunningly beautiful, it can also be stunt your wallet.
so here are the products that i can't live without, the ones i buy over & over again, because their quality, their color and their performance vs. price per use is unbeatable.
- Creme Cup is my new favorite lipstick. the subtle blue/pink tone makes it the perfect nude for anyone - not too orange.
- Mocha the best blush shade for the most natural blush tone. plum/pink complimentary on all skin tones.
- Fluidline a long-wearing gel liner that applies easily and goes a long way for the $.
- Mineralize Skin Finish packs on the highlight with major dimension.
- Pro Longwear Concealer is genius at concealing. lasts long, blends easily, covers like a dream.
- Naked Lunch, Carbon, Woodwinked and Shroom make consistent appearances in my lineup.