rubbing alcohol has many beauty purposes. who knew that rubbing alcohol was so useful, particularly when it comes to beauty? there are several benefits to purchasing that $1.75 bottle of rubbing alcohol, here are just a few:
- easily fixes broken (powder) makeup. whether it is an eyeshadow, a bronzer or a blush, any powder that has shattered can easily be put back together. simply break up the remaining powder, add a few drops of alcohol and reshape. the moisture will evaporate leaving a perfectly reshaped powder. this is also a great idea for when you hit pan on your palette - rather than digging the powder out of the edges of the palette, reshape using alcohol.
- hydrates paint pots. you know you dread the moment when your gel liner begins to dry and it becomes more & more difficult to apply. simple add a drop or two of alcohol to your paint pot/gel liner/cream blush and it will help rehydrate, making your makeup like new!
- sanitizes makeup. i already shared an in depth post on how to clean and sanitize your makeup and brushes. follow the link for more info.
- DIY hand sanitizer. making your own hand sanitizer is so simple: mix 2/3 cup rubbing alcohol, 1/3 cup aloe vera gel and mix in a few drops of essential oil for scent. voila! (old soap dispensers can be repurposed or reuse your old hand sanitizer pump)
- removes wax. no, i'm not talking about candle wax, i'm talking about that sticky-won't-rub-off-adheres-to-everything wax used for hair removal. while i am a big proponent of waxing i'm not a fan of wax residue left on countertops. clean it easily with a little alcohol.
- clean your cellphone. women can all agree that the residue left behind on our cellphone screens - whether it is makeup, lotion, or facial oil - is not a pretty sight. plus, it is a breading ground for bacteria (hello, acne). apply a small amount of alcohol to a cotton swab and lightly swipe to disinfect.
- remove makeup stickers. ever buy a product and find yourself annoyed at the sticky residue left behind from the price tag? me too. alcohol removes the mess quickly and easily so your OCD can relax.
- removes nail polish from countertops. enough said.
An InLinkz Link-up
An InLinkz Link-up