i have to share this quick little anecdote. the other day Tman and i were in the kitchen eating lunch and Tman says to me, "what's up with these new Bounty rolls? they are shorter than normal". i of course start cracking up and explain that i cut off 1/3 to use for my makeup remover towels (which i did weeks ago). i laugh even harder when i hear him explain that he thought i was trying to be frugal and save money by cutting the towel roll in half. he debated whether or not to say anything and then just could not hold it in any longer. what a guy. he puts up with my crazy antics, even when he doesn't understand them.
if you would like to make your own makeup remover towels, you can check out my post here. they also make great wipes when your daughter has broken into your makeup drawer and "helped herself".
with that said, here are a few more DIY beauty treatments, courtesy of Glamour magazine.
1. brown sugar + milk = body exfoliator
2. yogurt + honey = sensitive-skin and redness remedy
3. safflower oil + sunflower oil = scalp treatment
4. petroleum jelly + raw, unrefined sugar = lip scrub (love this one, just grab an extra packet of sugar next time you are at a restaurant)
5. a dash of salt + water = surf spray for hair
6. rosewater + coconut milk = relaxing bath
7. warmed-up olive oil = prewash treatment for hair
8. green tea + water = toner
9. lemon juice + chamomile tea = hair lightener
10. epsom salt + almond oil + cinnamon oil + sandalwood oil + allspice oil = hand and foot scrub (or you could skip all the oils and just use vegetable/olive oil)
if you have any good homemade DIY treatments, please share!