this afternoon i will be hopping on a plane to brighter, warmer pastures. LAX is calling as i make my way westward for the Lucky Magazine Lucky FABB Conference. a conference designed specifically for fashion and beauty bloggers, Lucky Magazine has organized keynote speakers, breakout groups and panels galore designed to teach me (and many others) how to become a better more effective blogger.
what am i most excited about? eating good food, celebrity sightings (Drew Barrymore is the keynote), reconnecting with old friends and connecting with new ones. it is going to be a dream.
so what does a beauty blogger pack when going to a conference filled with other fashion and beauty bloggers? the best in her arsenal, of course. pictured above are some of the items that will be filling my attaché to keep me looking my best.
- Becca Cosmetics Ever Matte Poreless Primer: this stuff is magic. pure magic. primers are the equivalent of velcro for your makeup. in this case, it is a velcro on steroids. its priming properties are incredible but its ability to keep your face looking fresh and matte for an entire day? priceless.
- Urban Decay All Nighter: a makeup finishing spray is a must if you want your makeup to look smooth, flawless and oh so bright. Urban Decay finishing sprays come with a variety of finishes, this particular one promises to keep your making long lasting, a must for 8 hour seminar days.
- Rock Your Hair Shampoo & Conditioner: i want my hair to look glossy, shiny and smooth. Rock Your Hair is a line of haircare products designed by Michael O'Rourke, one of the creatives behind the Big Sexy Hair line. branching out to create his signature products, these travel size shampoo and conditioner are invaluable.
- Beautisol Self Tanner & Mitt: it's all about the mitt. i can't go to LA without rocking a golden tan. i'm branching out from my regular St. Tropez to keep bronzed with Beautisol's bronzing mousse. the secret to a flawless self tan is the mitt, this thing ensures the best, most even coverage ever.
- Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo: i am positive that my zzz's will be few and far between which means i may sleep an extra ten minutes which will eliminate my chance to wash my hair & blow dry ergo the dry shampoo.
- Eddie Funkhouser Illuminating Powder: fake it till you make it, right? as mentioned above sleep will be scarce which necessitates my need for all products that will make me look illuminated even when i am not. a new line just introduced to Rite Aid the Eddie Funkhouser products are not only affordable, they are good.
- It Cosmetics blush brush: the It Cosmetic brushes feel like cashmere on your face. they are soft, smooth and apply your makeup like buttah. cheaper brushes feel coarse and don't easily blend makeup. the It Cosmetic brushes are plush which allows for better makeup application - important when at a conference filled with the best makeup gurus in the West.
these are just a few of my essentials i will be bringing along with a suitcase packed with a ridiculous amount of clothing. a girl's gotta be prepared, right?