Fighting winter dryness can be a brr-utal battle. Since we all need a little help treating dry eyes, hair and skin during the cold weather, I’ve included expert tips below for a comfortable winter season, from head-to-toe!
For dry hair Patrick Melville says…
· In the cold months hair tends to get a little flatter. Shampoo and condition with Nourish+ Moisturize Shampoo and Conditioner, and after styling use the AVEENO® Pure Renewal® Dry Shampoo to create texture that will last.
· After the hot summer, it’s normal to want to cut off those frizzy ends. Shampoo and condition hair with AVEENO® Nourish+Strengthen to restore vitality, elasticity and replenish lost moisture.
For dry skin, Dr. Debra Jaliman, Author, Skin Rules: Trade Secrets from a Top New York Dermatologist says…
· Moisturize your body and face while your skin is still damp from the bath and shower.
· In over-the-counter moisturizers or lotions, look for these ingredients: humectants, such as hyaluronic acid and glycerin; lipids, such as ceramides; and emollients, such as lanolin and propylene glycol.
For dry eyes Dr. Resnick says…
· During the winter months the most common complaint among my patients is dry, irritated eyes which is influenced by the decrease in humidity, forced air heating and time spent in front of computer screens. These all contribute to rapid evaporation of the tear film.
· To help preserve a healthy tear layer and reduce sensation of dryness I recommend oil based artificial tears, warm moist compresses and frequent breaks from computer use. Investing in a room humidifier and avoiding direct exposure to heat vents and dust are also helpful.
· If contact lens wear is the problem, I recommend talking to your doctor about switching to a contact lens that provides moisture to the eye like ACUVUE® OASYS® Brand Contact Lenses, which use HYDRACLEAR® technology to embed a moisture-rich wetting agent into the contact lens. The result is a more wettable lens that provides all-day comfort from dry eyes.