|i am a Eucerin Skin First Network blogger and have worked with Eucerin in collaboration for this post|
bears hibernate, squirrels collect and store acorns, the Blushing Basics household buys hot chocolate. and lots of it.
in addition to preparing yourself for the busy holiday months ahead, don't forget to prepare your skin. if you saw yesterday's post i gave some tips for how to avoid dry skin, hair and eyes. skin stress that appears during the holidays can be the result of a lack of moisture, especially if you live in a colder climate. good skin care and healthy lifestyle choices can help delay premature aging and prevent various skin problems.
below are five simple skincare rules for keeping you and your family's skin healthy and moisturized all winter long:
- cold weather can be tough on your hands; be sure to keep a pair of gloves in your purse to protect against harsh winter elements.
- relieve dryness associated with frequent hand washing by washing with lukewarm water, using a gentle soap and applying Eucerin Intensive Repair Extra-Enrich Hand Crème right after drying your hands. in fact, i keep a bottle right next to my soap near every sink so that i will automatically apply right after washing.
- keep your showers short and sweet and use lukewarm water. bathing for long periods in hot water can cause skin to lose natural oils and nutrients.
- try Eucerin Intensive Repair Extra Enriched Foot Crème to help repair dry, cracked heels and feet this season. apply before bedtime and sleep with socks on to get some intense hydration.
- getting a full six to eight hours of sleep is important for your overall well-being and helps your skin look its best. turn off the Real Housewives and get some shut eye!
Eucerin has offered to generously treat one Blushing Basics reader to the following prize pack: