there typically tends to be a lot of laughing, teasing, eating, and shopping that takes place (just a few of my favorite things) but this weekend was particularly special. my sister who lives in Arizona was just trained in how to apply eyelash extensions. the weekend was a little lash crazy but well worth it! we each had a turn getting eyelashes applied as well as others were able to learn how to apply the lashes because once the AZ sister is gone, they want those lashes to continue looking gorgeous.
here is a picture of me, mid-lash application:
it's a little scary but cellphone cameras aren't the most flattering. you can see the difference is dramatic between the two eyes.
eyelash extensions are synthetic lashes that are glued to your existing eyelash. each synthetic eyelash is glued to one individual eyelash, and should stay on as long as the life of the eyelash. your eyelashes, like all of your body hair, sheds and replaces itself on a continual basis, so the life of these synthetic eyelashes should last approximately 4-6 weeks. at that point, you will probably need a "fill" to place more synthetic lashes on the new eyelashes that have grown in.
i have only had the lashes on for a few days and there are a few things i've noticed:
- you can't touch your eyes! too much handling of the lashes will cause them to fall out.
- you cannot splash water on them. washing your face now takes more care, i just use a wash cloth to wash and take care to wipe around the eyes, and not over them.
- you cannot use pencil liner. i am okay with that because my addiction to liquid liner is no problem.
- you cannot wear mascara.
- you look like you have permanent makeup on.
- you wake up in the morning looking like a million bucks
- when pregnant, this gives you a little boost of beauty :)
- i already love them.